A career at Chapman Tripp
Our success as a business comes down to one thing, our people.
We are a reflection of the quality and skills of our people and we are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the best people to ensure Chapman Tripp continues to be a market leader and a great place to work.
Chapman Tripp is New Zealand's most progressive and dynamic law firm. Our culture is unique - we pride ourselves on the diversity and individualism of our people.
Our five values aren't just simply words on a page, they drive the firm’s culture. Integrity, people, collaborative, astute and dynamic mean something to all of us. You will see these values demonstrated every day in the way we interact with our clients and with each other. We recognise and reward people who display our values and they also form part of our review process and promotion criteria.
What we do
We act on New Zealand's biggest and most interesting deals. That means that everyone here is contributing to work that is helping to shape New Zealand's future.
We advise major New Zealand and multinational players across the full spectrum of government, industry and commerce. Our clients include the major banks, Beca, Chorus, the Earthquake Commission (EQC), Fletcher Building, Microsoft, Mercury (formerly Mighty River Power), New Zealand Post, the NZ Transport Agency, Powerco, Spark, Transpower, Treasury and Vector; as well as airports, government departments, iwi and major players in the construction sector.
And while we don’t measure our success by winning awards or our rankings, they do reinforce the value of the results we achieve for our clients and the pride everyone in the firm takes in their work:
- New Zealand Deal Firm of the Year – Australasian Law Awards 2019
- New Zealand Dealmaker of the Year (John Strowger) – Australasian Law Awards 2019
- New Zealand Contentious Firm of the Year – Managing IP Asia-Pacific Awards 2019
- Large Law Firm of the Year – New Zealand Law Awards 2018
- Deal Team of the Year (>100 lawyers) – New Zealand Law Awards 2018
- International Deal of the Year – New Zealand Law Awards 2018
- New Zealand Deal of the Year – New Zealand Law Awards 2018
- Capital Markets Deal of the Year – New Zealand Law Awards 2018
- M&A Deal of the Year – New Zealand Law Awards 2018
- Mid-Market Deal of the Year – New Zealand Law Awards 2018
- New Zealand Law Firm of the Year – KangaNews Awards 2018
- New Zealand Law Firm of the Year – Chambers Asia Pacific Awards 2018
- Most Innovative National Law Firm (New Zealand) – IFLR Asia Awards 2018
Our involvement in the community
Being a responsible business is important to us and we are proud to play an active role within the communities in which we work, providing funding, legal skills and time to make a difference.
Chapman Tripp’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme involves five national community partners, Aera Foundation, Creative HQ, First Foundation, New Zealand Opera and the Sir Peter Blake Trust and we support these partners with pro bono work, funding and voluntary time. We also work with many long-standing pro bono clients including Arts Access Aotearoa, Circa Theatre and the Foundation for Youth Development.
We believe that supporting worthwhile organisations should simply be part of life at Chapman Tripp and all our people are given an additional day of leave each year to work with one of our CSR partners or a charity of their choice.