Vast local and international construction and major projects experience
Our dedicated construction and major projects lawyers based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch have advised on a huge array of projects throughout New Zealand and around the world.
Our deep market knowledge, commercial acumen, pragmatic and solutions-based approach combined with our intellectual rigor and commitment to providing a service of the highest calibre puts us at the forefront of the construction and projects sector.
We act for the full spectrum of industry participants – including central and local government, private developers, contractors, consultants and lenders – so we know the issues that count from each perspective.
We advise clients at all stages of major construction projects across a variety of sectors including:
- infrastructure including roads, rail, airports, ports, stadiums, convention centres and telecommunications
- residential, including social, affordable, private and special housing areas
- commercial, office and retail
- tourism and leisure
- power, including hydro, geothermal, solar, gas, diesel and coal fired power plants and wind farms
- water, including the 3 waters projects, wastewater treatment, irrigation schemes and desalination plants
- oil and gas (upstream, midstream and downstream)
- industrial developments, and
Our team offers a seamless service across the entire project lifecycle, including advising on:
- consenting, environment and property
- joint venture arrangements and corporate structuring
- procurement, tendering and project management
- consultant appointments
- early contractor involvement (ECI), construction contracts and EPC/turnkey contracts
- subcontracts and supply and service contracts
- operation and maintenance contracts
- alliances, BOOTs, PPPs and other alternative procurement arrangements
- government and iwi relations
- financing including project financing
- health and safety
- the legislative environment, including the Construction Contracts Acts 2002, and
- dispute resolution.
We have advised:
Ranked Tier One for construction by independent legal directories Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 and Chambers Asia Pacific 2020.