The leading provider to technology, media & telecommunications enterprises
Enterprises are increasingly challenged to innovate and change with speed and agility in the face of disruptive technologies, business models and new market entrants. The ability to adapt and transform is critical to success.
We work with our clients to realise the opportunities of digital transformation and convergence as they strive for growth, agility and efficiency.
Our reputation as New Zealand’s pre-eminent TMT team is built on a legacy of representing leading telecommunications, technology and media providers, as well as many of New Zealand’s most significant enterprises on their most challenging technology projects.
Our team is passionate about the promise of digital technologies for New Zealand and our clients. We’re focussed on the cloud, big data and privacy, mobility, the Internet of Things, smart infrastructure and automation, including in the areas of fintech and artificial intelligence.
In an era of increasing complexity, our clients value our multi-disciplinary approach, bringing expertise from a broad range of areas, including:
- privacy and data protection
- technology transactions
- government regulation
- intellectual property
- corporate transactions, ventures and alliances, and
We have advised:
- Chorus, New Zealand’s largest telecommunications infrastructure company, on its legal requirements including advising on:
- the negotiation of its 10 year Network Infrastructure Project Agreement with Crown Fibre Holdings to build the ultra-fast broadband infrastructure in New Zealand
- the regulatory determinations setting the price of its core services, and associated competition and commercial issues such as the Commerce Commission’s final pricing principle (FPP) for Chorus’ copper lines network, with the final determination resulting in a successful outcome
- all aspects of a Commerce Commission investigation into an alleged breach of Chorus’ Unbundled Bitstream Access (UBA) terms and conditions
- NZME on its demerger from APN News & Media and subsequent listing on the NZX Main Board. NZME is a leading New Zealand integrated media and entertainment business and owns the New Zealand Herald, radio stations such as Newstalk ZB and Hauraki, and the e-commerce site GrabOne
- Kiwibank on the replacement of its core banking system, a high priority project involving expenditure of approximately $100m over a five year period
- Counties Manukau District Health Board on its 10 year Strategic Relationship Agreement with IBM
- Microsoft on a broad range of matters relevant to its business in New Zealand and Australia including regularly advising on cloud issues for regulated customers in the financial sector
Ranked Tier One for TMT work by independent legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020, with partner Bruce McClintock ranked as New Zealand's "Star individual” for TMT by Chambers Asia Pacific 2020.