Commercial market leaders who deliver high value commercial results
As home to New Zealand’s largest corporate and commercial group, we regularly act on New Zealand’s most significant corporate deals. Clients choose us because we provide clear, commercial advice that’s fit for purpose.
Our expertise spans the full spectrum of corporate and commercial law, including:
- project managing the legal work stream on complex transactions
- developing strategies, and
- drafting and negotiating contracts.
As a result, our clients benefit from working with lawyers who advise across their projects, delivering high value commercial results.
In addition to ‘business as usual’ contracting arrangements, we play a significant role in merger, acquisition and disposal transactions for international and New Zealand clients, including large multinationals and leading private equity players.
We advise on the full range of foreign investment matters in wider corporate transactions involving direct investment into New Zealand business or land assets. We can help you to mitigate risk and maximise your investment throughout the phases of your business venture.
We have advised:
- Vector on the sale of its gas transmission business and non-Auckland gas distribution business to utilities investor First State Funds for $952.5m
- Oji Holdings Corporation (as part of a Japanese-Government backed consortium) on its 100% acquisition of Carter Holt Harvey’s pulp and paper and packaging businesses for $1.037b
- Sumitomo Corporation on its acquisition of pine forest from Tasman Bay Forests Company for $370 million
- NZME on its demerger from APN News & Media and subsequent listing on the NZX Main Board, and
- G3 Group on its $40m compliance listing, the first company to list on NZX's new NXT market, designed for small and mid-sized businesses.
Ranked Tier One for corporate work by independent legal directories Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017, Chambers Global 2017, Chambers
Asia Pacific 2017, and Asialaw Profiles
- New Zealand Deal Maker of the Year (John Strowger) – 2017 Australasian Law Awards
- New Zealand Deal Team of the Year – 2017, 2016 & 2015 Australasian Law Awards