Innovative solutions for both lenders and borrowers
We are the “go-to” firm for new and complex developments in the corporate and specialised finance areas. We are known for our input and involvement in designing and implementing some of the most significant transactions in the banking and finance industry in New Zealand.
Our clients include local and international banks integral to New Zealand’s economy as well as market-leading issuers, investors, arrangers and trustees/custodians. We also act for New Zealand’s most significant corporates, assisting them to finance their activities and business objectives. This means we understand the issues faced by all participants in the finance market.
We are leading advisors in relation to securitisations and other structured financings; derivative structures and documentation; asset-based financings; project, acquisition and mezzanine financings; property financings; and regulatory issues.
This ensures our clients get the most efficient financing structure for their needs and can have confidence that they will receive the highest quality advice in all situations.
We have advised:
- Solid Energy’s five major bank lenders in relation to Solid Energy’s $450m voluntary administration, the largest and most complicated Voluntary Administration in New Zealand history
- Z Energy on the funding of its $785m acquisition of Chevron New Zealand’s downstream operations in New Zealand
- ACC on all aspects of its debt and equity investments into the Transport Agency’s Transmission Gully Motorway Public Private Partnership (PPP), as a key project sponsor
- Mighty River Power (now Mercury) on its $300m oversubscribed capital bond issue and NZX Debt Market listing, one of the largest ever corporate debt issues of its type in New Zealand
- China Construction Bank and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China on aspects of the establishment and funding of their New Zealand operations
Ranked Tier One for banking and finance work by independent legal directories Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020, Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and IFLR1000 2020.