Providing definitive knowledge of laws regulating Privacy and data protection, their practical application, pitfalls and enforcement
Digital transformation is changing the personal data game. Smart use of customer data lies at the heart of creating better experiences for your customers. How do you make the most of the opportunities afforded to you from the personal information you gather?
Our specialist team can advise you across the full spectrum of privacy and data protection issues.
You’ll benefit from our vast experience:
- designing privacy processes, guidelines and policies
- advising on new applications and services involving personal information and data security risks
- responding to information access and regulatory requests, and
- providing engaging privacy and data protection legal training programmes.
We can also offer you an international perspective on privacy and data protection issues via our Privately Speaking publication.
Where appropriate, we call on data protection experts from around the world, with whom we have strong relationships, to deliver training to our clients on EU, US, Hong Kong and Australian law and, in particular, where these laws differ from those of New Zealand.
We act as New Zealand privacy experts for numerous leading international law firm networks, undertaking both global and New Zealand-specific privacy and data protection compliance reviews and advice.
We are part of, and host, the Auckland Privacy Officer’s Roundtable Forum, and regularly speak at IAPP events and client privacy and data protection forums.
We have advised:
- a large international technology provider on privacy law reform issues in New Zealand and Australia and general privacy issues relating to its cloud services, particularly as these relate to government departments and financial institutions
- a number of government agencies on containing and managing high profile data breaches, including successfully obtaining injunctions restraining further distribution of leaked personal information
- a major bank on privacy and data protection requirements arising from its disclosure obligations to foreign regulators in relation to particular types of transaction data involving OTC derivative products
- Kiwibank on privacy compliance for new digital services and marketing initiatives, as well as improvements to its privacy policies
- a multinational on its privacy and data protection requirements for New Zealand