Achieving successful outcomes on New Zealand’s most significant property transactions
Whether you’re a land or property developer, owner, operator, investor, contractor or occupier we’ll help you get a successful outcome on your land, real estate or construction project.
We act for local and international investors and developers with substantial commercial portfolios in the private and public sectors, and as a cross-practice group, advise on the full spectrum of property and real estate work, including acquisition and disposal, regulatory processes and Cabinet directives, leases and licences and, where necessary, dispute resolution.
To find out more about how we can help see Construction & major projects and Environment, Planning & Resource Management.
We have advised:
- Panuku Development Auckland (previously Auckland Waterfront Development Agency) on all aspects of the Wynyard Central project – the largest commercial and residential development project in central Auckland – including negotiating extensive development arrangements with multiple developers – including a proposed large international standard 5-star hotel on the site of the former Team New Zealand (America’s Cup) base, an Innovation Hub comprising approx. 50,000 sqm of office space, and a proposed residential development of approx. 80,000 sqm
- GIC Real Estate, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, on all real estate and corporate aspects (including its successful Overseas Investment Office application) of its $1b joint venture with Scentre Group – Westfield mall owner and operator – to take a 49% stake in five New Zealand shopping centres
- The Warehouse Group on its $130m revamp of stores across New Zealand over a five year period; $90m sale and leaseback on a ‘triple net basis’ of its high-tech 21.7 hectare North Island Distribution Centre to ACC; and $60m construction, leasing and sale, for $78m, of the Silverdale Shopping Centre in the Rodney district of North Auckland
- Kiwi Income Property Trust on the circa $100m sale of its office complex at 205 Queen St, Auckland, to Brisbane-based Bloomberg Incorporation Limited and,
- the New Zealand Earthquake Commission (EQC) in relation to its commercial leasing throughout New Zealand including post-earthquake Christchurch premises and complex land related insurance analysis
Ranked Tier One for real estate work by independent legal directories Legal
500 Asia Pacific 2016, Chambers Asia Pacific 2016 and Asialaw Profiles