Jeremy is a litigator with wide-ranging experience in commercial and public law disputes.
He has appeared at all levels of the New Zealand court system, including the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court, as well as the District Court and Environment Court. He has also advised clients involved in an Inquiry, in tribunals, and in mediations and negotiations.
He has particular skills and experience advising on confidential information, the Official Information and Privacy Acts, insolvency matters, and insurance litigation arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes. He also advises clients on contentious employment matters.
Before joining Chapman Tripp in 2012, Jeremy was a Judge’s Clerk for two years at the Court of Appeal.
- acted for ANZ in a successful judicial review of a decision by the FMA to disclose confidential information to third parties
- appeared in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal for the Meat Industry Association as intervener on an employment agreement interpretation issue
- advised PwC as receivers of the Strategic Finance group of companies on claims against company directors and auditors
- assisted the Earthquake Commission (EQC) to obtain a permanent injunction against disclosure of a leaked spreadsheet
- defended residential building insurance claims against EQC, including to trial
- successfully defended a price-fixing damages claim against an international air cargo carrier
- assisted Crown Research Institute GNS Science in relation to the Havelock North Drinking Water Inquiry
- advised on complex IT services contract disputes
- advised the New Zealand Transport Agency on its role in procuring and roll out of nationwide integrated ticketing systems for public transport networks
- advised various Crown entities and other affected parties on their obligations and rights under the Official Information Act
- acted as counsel to and appearing at professional disciplinary committees hearing complaints relating to the collapse of the CTV building, and
- advised employers on disciplinary and other investigations and employment disputes.