Alan's practice covers all aspects of banking, finance and debt securities work.
He specialises in bank financing; capital markets debt raising; and swaps and derivatives transactions.
Alan has advised:
- BNZ and National Australia Bank on the public offer of BNZ Income Securities (BNZIS) of perpetual non-cumulative shares, worth just under NZ$450m.
- Westpac New Zealand and Westpac Banking Corporation on the establishment by Westpac New Zealand of a full range of international and domestic capital markets programmes, including European Commercial Paper and Medium Term Note Programmes and US Commercial Paper and Extendible Note Programmes
- Westpac New Zealand on the establishment and restructuring of various residential mortgage-backed securitisation arrangements
- various domestic and offshore interests in respect of a range of fishing vessel sale and purchase and financing arrangements, and
- on a range of institutional and corporate syndicated and bilateral debt facilities, bond programmes and US Private Placements.