Arthur is Chapman Tripp’s Senior Partner and heads the firms Private Client team.
Arthur has broad legal experience spanning 55 years of practice and is a long standing member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
He advises on all aspects of trusts and other asset owning vehicles. In addition Arthur holds active trusteeships in numerous significant family trusts and estates.
Arthur has also had a wide and varied involvement in corporate and commercial legal practice, including extensive directorate experience with both private and public companies across a wide range of commercial activity.
Arthur’s current experience includes:
- family and inter-generational succession planning
- Trust and asset re-organisation, including resettlements and variations of existing trusts
- governance and management for high net worth and business owning individuals and families
- on-going conduct and administration of family trusts and trust estates
- acting as a trustee of numerous high net worth discretionary family trusts
- acting as a director of special purpose trustee companies, and
- acting as a director of a range of trading and investment companies.
Previously Arthur has also acted as trustee or chairman of a range of charitable or community organisations including:
- St Johns College Trust Board
- Anglican Investment Trust Board, and
- Bledisloe Estate Trust (Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind).