Catherine specialises in environment, planning & resource management law.
Catherine has extensive experience in the project management of large developments, including advising on all levels of resource consenting and designation processes. Catherine particularly advises clients in the fields of industrial processes, residential community development, healthcare provision, gas transmission, electricity generation and transport infrastructure fields.
Catherine is a member of our Māori Services Group, Te Waka Ture.
Catherine is recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016.
Catherine has advised on:
- the establishment and consenting of large-scale residential structure planning and development via plan changes
- the consenting via designation of a significant high pressure gas transmission pipeline
- mining proposals on land and in the coastal marine area
- the establishment and consenting of comprehensive retirement villages throughout New Zealand
- the consenting of a solid waste landfill for a major industrial complex
- the consenting of beach enhancement projects, jettys and pontoons
- High Court judicial review of notification decisions on resource consents, and
- developments on and near outstanding natural landscapes and scheduled historic and archaeological sites.