Edward specialises in commercial litigation & dispute resolution.
Edward has expertise in a broad range of disputes, including those arising from business acquisitions, anti-trust regulation and prosecution, product liability, property and construction issues, corporate insolvency, general contract, and tort. He has a particular interest in trust and equity problems in the commercial context.
Edward is a member of the New Zealand Law Society Legislation Committee and a board member of the Building Industry Federation. He is also Chair of Chapman Tripp's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee. Edward started his law career as a Judges’ Clerk and joined Chapman Tripp in 2002.
Edward’s experience includes:
- acting in significant property litigation for the shareholders of Edison, the owner of a large development site in Silverdale, on a disputed sale transaction with Cornerstone Group
- acting for Vector in a major judicial review proceeding challenging the Commerce Commission’s decision to impose price control on natural gas distribution services
- advising James Hardie New Zealand in relation to weathertight homes litigation
- representing the trustee of a number of unit trusts in complex litigation regarding the distribution of post-liquidation tax refunds
- successfully defending the vendor of a substantial agricultural business against warranty claims brought about by the purchaser in relation to land contamination and accounting practices, and
- assisting with the representation of Diagnostic Medlab in litigation with Auckland region's District Health Boards over pathology services in Auckland.