Greer specialises in corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on structuring and general commercial advice for private equity clients and iwi entities, and Overseas Investment Act compliance.
She advises clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters including general contracting, governance advice and structuring generally, with a particular emphasis on the use, documentation and establishment of limited partnerships.
Greer is a member of our Māori Legal Group, Te Waka Ture, and plays a key role maintaining the firm's relationship with the Sir Peter Blake Trust.
Greer’s experience includes:
- establishing various private equity funds
- advising AMP Limited on its Overseas Investment Act consent in relation to its merger with AXA Asia Pacific Holdings Limited
- advising Waikato-Tainui Te Kauhanganui Incorporated, including in relation to governance issues
- advising various iwi entities and charities around charitable and public benefit issues
- advising LanzaTech on its recent US$60m capital raising, awarded "Cap Raise of the Year" in Biofuels Digest's Advanced Bioeconomy Awards for 2015
- advising Ngāpuhi on structuring its commercial and fisheries activities
- presenting at the 2015 ADLSi CPD Commercial Law Series – Business Structures – Legal and Tax Considerations in relation to corporate aspects of business structures, and
- assisting with the preparation of the independent expert report to the Commerce Select Committee on the Limited Partnerships Bill, and a text book and Laws of New Zealand chapter on limited partnerships.