Heath is a property law specialist, with particular expertise in development.
Heath has extensive top tier New Zealand and international experience. He advises clients on all aspects of property law, and is regularly involved in the acquisition and disposal of land and commercial property for development and investment.
Heath has particular expertise in substantial design build lease agreements for industrial, office and large format retail premises; as well as significant mixed use and urban regeneration development projects, including joint ventures between local authorities and private developers for the delivery of social and affordable housing. He also has experience in construction, and the property aspects of Agribusiness and Hotels.
Heath has acted for listed entities, large public and private sector clients, financial institutions, receivers and liquidators, high net worth individuals and overseas investors.
Heath has advised:
- Goodman Group on the development of the new Fonterra headquarters in Wynyard Quarter
- Metroglass in relation to the development and leasing of its substantial new manufacturing, warehousing and office facility at Highbrook
- Augusta Capital on its property acquisitions and syndications
- Cooper and Company on its redevelopment and leasing of the Britomart Precinct
- Progressive Enterprises in the acquisition of development sites for new Countdown stores, leasing and general property portfolio work
- a purchaser on its successful acquisition of a substantial loan book from BOS International (Australia) Limited
- on the Kawarau Village development, including hotel management arrangements with Hilton International
- Rank Group on the sale of significant forestry and dairy holdings
- a high net worth overseas investor on the acquisition and development of a substantial vineyard in Marlborough
- a private purchaser on its acquisition of the Vector House in Newmarket, Auckland from Goodman Property Trust
- ABB Limited on the development of its new factory in Napier
- Brambles New Zealand Limited in relation to the design build lease of its Recall premises at Christchurch International Airport
- AMI on the property aspects of the sale of its insurance business to IAG
- The Blackstone Group on the property aspects of its acquisition of Burger King New Zealand, and
- PWC as receivers for Strategic Nominees Limited on the receivership sale of Walter Peak Station.