Helen is a consultant in our corporate & commercial team focusing on technology, media & telecommunications and investment, funds & savings products.
She has 20 years' experience advising on telecommunications law in New Zealand. Most recently she has been advising Spark (formerly Telecom) on matters related to its operational separation, and on interconnection and wholesale arrangements between Spark and other carriers. She also has extensive experience in advising on superannuation/pension matters. She advises on all aspects of the establishment and operation of superannuation schemes (including KiwiSaver schemes), scheme reconstructions and windings up.
Helen was a partner at Chapman Tripp for 20 years before she moved into a consultancy role in 2010.
Helen has advised:
- inter-carrier wholesale and interconnection arrangements between Spark and other carriers
- Spark on a full range of other telecommunications matters, including number portability issues, internet access and regulatory matters
- on issues related to the KiwiSaver superannuation regime
- on all aspects of the establishment and operation of superannuation schemes, scheme reconstructions involving surpluses and windings up, and
- on Crown entity tendering arrangements.