Helen advises clients on a full range of tax matters.
Helen joined Chapman Tripp in May 2015 after working as a Senior Associate for Clifford Chance in London for nine years. In New Zealand Helen previously worked both at Chapman Tripp and at another large national law firm. She advises on all aspects of tax law, including financing, structuring, acquisitions, corporate transactions, international taxation, tax disputes and FATCA.
Helen is recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016.
Helen has advised:
- a leading US bank on how to manage legal and tax risk arising from complying with FATCA throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia
- a leading UK bank on the pre-sale reorganisation and disposal of its exchange traded funds and asset management business
- a leading US bank on the disposal of its private wealth management business
- a private equity firm on the acquisition of a media business including acquisition structuring and financing, and subsequently management of tax related disputes between the parties, and
- a multinational company on the disposal of part of its operations in a number of jurisdictions, and subsequently the management of tax disputes both with tax authorities and with the purchaser.