Joanna specialises in environment, planning & resource management law.
Joanna advises on district and regional planning; consenting and compliance issues; major infrastructure; and transportation projects.
She provides advice to clients on environmental due diligences (both purchaser and vendor), including coordinating environmental audits and reviewing relevant contract and warranty provisions.
Joanna worked in the UK in local government and in-house for an insurance company that specialised in long-term environmental insurance for contaminated land.
Joanna is a member of the Resource Management Law Association.
Joanna has advised:
- the NZ Transport Agency on resource management approvals for major roading projects, including the Cambridge Section of the Waikato Expressway, the Waterview Connection Project and the Tauranga Eastern Link
- the NZ Transport Agency at Council hearings on plan changes and resource consents, and at Board of Inquiry and Environment Court hearings and mediations
- the Crown on a claim for compensation under the Public Works Act 1981
- on compliance issues and enforcement action taken by local authorities, and
- a client on an environmental due diligence for the purchase of shares in a forestry company.