John specialises in general corporate and commercial law.
He has a particular interest in securities law, energy law, mergers and acquisitions, construction law and competition law issues – advising clients throughout New Zealand. John’s securities law experience includes acting on initial public offerings, advising on employee share schemes and in the private equity area. John acts for the business interests of a number of Christchurch based high net worth individuals.
John was a member of the Securities Commission from 1 January 2007 to 30 April 2011. He is a director of dual listed company Kathmandu Holdings Limited and chairman of Southbase Construction Limited. John is a chartered member of the Institute of Directors.
John has advised:
- Shanghai Pengxin on its takeover of Synlait Farms Limited
- Rural Equities Limited on the merger with the New Zealand Rural Property Trust
- Meridian Energy in the procurement of its White Hill, West Wind and Te Uku wind farms
- Cavotec MSL on its scheme of arrangement and restructuring to become a Swiss company listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm
- listed companies Ryman Healthcare and Hallenstein Glasson on employee share schemes
- acting on the initial public offering for Wynyard Group Limited and the listing of its shares on NZX, and
- Holcim New Zealand on its proposed cement plant project at Weston.