Lauren is a senior solicitor in Chapman Tripp’s litigation and dispute resolution team, specialising in professional indemnity and statutory liability insurance litigation and disputes.
She also advises Chapman Tripp’s commercial clients on employment and health and safety policies and disputes.
Lauren spent a year seconded to an insurance company as a Liability Claims Counsel, where she handled professional liability, statutory liability, employment disputes liability, trustees’ liability, medical malpractice liability, directors & officers’ liability and fidelity claims for a wide range of insureds.
- acted for solicitors, real estate agents, valuers, financial advisors, consulting engineers and other professionals in civil proceedings and investigations by regulatory professional disciplinary bodies
- advised on employment matters including contracts and due diligence; acted on disputes in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court; appeared in the Employment Relations Authority; and attended mediations
- advised on products liability disputes
- advised insurance companies on indemnity and policy response and acted for insurance companies in circumstances where cover has been declined
- advised a foreign government agency in a dispute with a performance bondholder
- acted for companies investigated and charged under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, the Resource Management Act 1997 and the Electricity Act 1992
- assisted companies and officers with advice on policies under the HSAW Act 2015
- advised insurance brokers and a number of other professionals in relation to claims arising from the Christchurch earthquakes, including as a result of the collapse of Western Pacific
- acted for plaintiffs judicially reviewing a coroner’s findings
- advised an accountancy and business advisory firm following misappropriation of client funds by a former employee, and
- acted for a psychologist under investigation by the New Zealand Psychologists Board.