Luke specialises in corporate and securities law, focusing on mergers and acquisitions.
He advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactions, including private mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, joint ventures, reorganisations and capital raisings. Luke also advises clients on regulatory matters, including issues arising under the overseas investment regime and the Takeovers Code.
Luke joined Chapman Tripp in 2015 from global law firm White & Case, having worked in their London and Johannesburg offices.
In London and Johannesburg, Luke advised on a broad range of international and domestic transactions, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and cross-border reorganisations.
In New Zealand, Luke has advised:
- Higgins Group Holdings and its shareholders on the proposed sale of the company and its subsidiaries to Fletcher Building for $315 million
- Trilogy International on its acquisition of cosmetics importer and distributor, CS Company for NZ$37m plus earn out payments
- Evolution Healthcare on its acquisition of the Acurity Health Group
- PricewaterhouseCoopers on its acquisition of the New Zealand business and assets of Wareham Cameron, and
- G3 Group on its acquisition of the shares and units in the Formfile Records Management Group.