Lyndsey specialises in succession and asset planning with an expertise in trusts.
Lyndsey is a leading practitioner in the trusts area with extensive experience in all aspects of trust formation; trust administration and management; succession planning; trust resettlements; asset planning; and personal property ownership.
Lyndsey also advises a significant number of charities including high-profile charities such as the Sir Peter Blake Trust and Auckland City Mission. She is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and is a co-author of the New Zealand chapter of Planning and Administration of Offshore and Onshore Trusts (Tottel Publishing).
Lyndsey's experience includes:
- providing legal advice to other law firms in respect of their clients’ complex trust-related issues
- advising individuals and families on trust structuring and compliance issues
- providing specific advice on the restructuring of family trusts, including succession issues, whilst maintaining trust structures
- preparing deeds of family arrangement governing property division in complex family situations
- preparing agreements under the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 coupled with settlement of joint trusts, and
- assisting in major constitutional reviews for charitable clients of their governing documentation and preparing modern compliant trust deeds for a number of charities in anticipation of registration under the Charities Act 2005.