Marie specialises in employment law and health and safety.
Marie works with a number of the firm’s key clients, many of whom are large employers. Her broad range of general commercial experience means that she is able to provide practical advice relevant to the clients’ commercial objectives.
Marie has significant dispute resolution experience and in acting for employers on health and safety investigations and prosecutions. Marie has represented clients in numerous mediations and Employment Relations Authority hearings, and has appeared in health and safety and other regulatory prosecutions.
Marie is focused on working with clients to achieve practical and efficient resolution of employment disputes. She helps clients to avoid disputes through compliance advice and training. Marie has provided strategic legal advice to leading New Zealand corporates on health and safety matters and has spoken at a number of conferences on both employment and health and safety.
Marie regularly publishes articles on health and safety and employment issues in conjunction with other members of Chapman Tripp’s health and safety team.
Marie is recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016. She is also recognised as an “associate to watch” by Chambers Asia Pacific 2016.
- provided several leading New Zealand corporates with health and safety advice
- advised on health and safety related matters, including investigations into health and safety related incidents and acting for clients in a number of health and safety related prosecutions (both insured and uninsured)
- advised and defended clients on regulatory investigations and prosecutions including breaches of the Resource Management Act and the Fair Trading Act
- advised corporate clients on the full range of employment issues including restraints of trade, Holiday Act claims, disciplinary processes, work place stress, restructuring, redundancy and grievances
- frequently been involved in matters requiring negotiation with union representatives
- advised on the employment aspects of numerous commercial acquisitions and mergers
- advised employers during senior executive exit negotiations, and
- appeared in various employment proceedings (including insured claims) such as mediations, Authority hearings and Employment Court cases.