Mark is a member of our Finance team. He is experienced in all aspects of domestic and international bank and capital market fundraising, project and asset financing, securitisation programmes and cross-border transactions.
Mark regularly acts for financial institutions and corporate borrowers on debt capital markets and other funding transactions. He also advises public and private sector agencies on complex and novel projects and transactions, including major infrastructure projects.
Mark has a particular interest in the energy, infrastructure and telecommunications sectors and has advised clients across a range of commercial and financial matters, including structural separation, cogeneration and project financing transactions.
Mark is ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2016 and is recognised by Legal 500 2016 and IFLR1000 2014 for his banking & finance expertise.
Mark has advised:
- Goldman Sachs and Citi (as lead arrangers) on the NZ aspects of the successful global refinancing of Norse Skog’s debt facilities
- ANZ, BNZ, CBA and Westpac on the restructuring and recapitalisation of Solid Energy
- ACC on its participation in the Transmission Gully PPP project as an equity and debt provider
- Chorus on the Government’s debt and equity investments in Chorus through Crown Fibre Holdings, for the purpose of funding the Government’s $1.5b ultra-fast broadband rollout
- Crown Irrigation Investments on its funding support for regional irrigation projects
- Telecom (now Spark) on its three-way operational separation, designed to improve the competitive market for telecommunications services
- Treasury on its $500m financial support package for AMI Insurance and on the Government's $2.5b inflation indexed bonds
- domestic and international banks including CBA, ANZ, Westpac, BNZ, Citi and Toronto-Dominion on a wide range of corporate funding facilities
- banks and borrowers on a wide range of syndicated and bilateral loan agreements, and
- major NZ banks on the establishment of (and ongoing updates to) a full range of international and domestic capital markets programmes, including short and medium term funding programmes and covered bond programmes.