Megan is a commercial lawyer specialising in projects work with experience across a broad range of sectors, with an emphasis on energy, technology and infrastructure.
Megan advises a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters. She specialises in the energy, infrastructure, IT and telecommunications sectors and is experienced in drafting a wide range of commercial arrangements including supplying networked products and services to wholesale and retail markets.
Megan's recent experience includes advising:
Technology, media & telecommunications
- TSM New Zealand Limited on a joint venture between Paymark Limited (for New Zealand registered banks) and mobile network operators Telecom (now Spark), Vodafone and 2Degrees for the implementation and delivery of mobile wallets using NFC-enabled smartphones
- Chorus on its field service agreements to deliver telecommunications network services to provide ultra-fast broadband to the majority of New Zealand
- a national electricity metering services provider on its significant long-term agreement for metering deployment and ongoing services
- an overseas provider of over-the-top (OTT) services on the roll out of a new OTT service for the download and distribution of Bollywood movies in New Zealand
- IT vendors and customers on a range of contractual and major IT issues including licensing, procurement of services, consumer and regulatory issues
- as part of the “True North Alliance”, having responsibility for legal and procurement advice during the tender phase of the Pūhoi to Warkworth section of the Ara Tūhono – Pūhoi to Wellsford motorway north of Auckland project, which is proceeding as a public private partnership (PPP)
- various clients in New Zealand on gas (including LPG) sale and purchase agreements, gas transmission and distribution agreements and associated regulatory issues, and
- Counties Manukau District Health Board on its long term agreement with IBM for the transformation of the delivery of health services for the Counties Manukau region.