Michael is a partner in our finance team and also leads our restructuring & insolvency law team.
Michael has been involved in most of New Zealand's significant restructurings and insolvencies over the last five years. He has extensive international restructuring and insolvency experience, having worked in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Bangkok and London.
Michael is consistently recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific, IFLR1000 and Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a leading lawyer in restructuring & insolvency.
Michael has advised:
- the voluntary administrators of Icon Digital, which was New Zealand’s first major voluntary administration
- the New Zealand Bankers' Association on the Insolvency Law Reform Bill
- KordaMentha as receivers of Mediaworks
- ANZ as co-ordination bank in the restructure of Solid Energy, and
- the receivers of Capital + Merchant Finance, Bridgecorp, NZF Money, Boston Finance, Belgrace Finance, Equitable, North South Finance and Mutual Finance.