Nick specialises in corporate and commercial law, with particular interest in securities law, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate compliance.
He advises a variety of clients across a range of industries, and has developed experience and expertise in the retirement village and aged care sector, rural services industries in both New Zealand and Australia, and NZX compliance and general companies and securities law.
Nick has recently rejoined Chapman Tripp after a year in the UK completing his Master of Law at the University of Cambridge.
Nick has advised:
- Ravensdown Fertiliser Co-operative Limited and PGG Wrightson Limited on commercial arrangements and legal compliance matters
- Ryman Healthcare Limited in relation to the retirement villages statutory regime, healthcare legislation and associated areas
- various clients on securities law matters and issues under the NZX Listing Rules, including Kathmandu Holdings Limited on its primary listing on the NZSX and ASX, and Bathurst Resources Limited on its listing as a dual listed issuer on the NZSX
- Cavotec MSL Holdings Limited on its Part 15 court-approved scheme of arrangement (including related regulatory matters)
- a range of clients on business and share sale and purchase transactions, joint ventures, supply and distribution arrangements (both in New Zealand and internationally) and other types of commercial arrangements, and
- numerous clients on corporate governance and statutory and regulatory compliance issues.