Nick specialises in corporate & commercial law.
Nick has more than 15 years' legal experience and advises clients on a wide range of issues, including business acquisitions and reorganisations; company and securities law; corporate governance; and contractual matters..
Nick has advised:
- AMP NZ Office Trust on its “corporatisation” to effectively convert from a unit trust into a company (now Precinct Properties)
- CHAMP Private Equity and Castle Harlan, Inc. on the sale of their Austar shareholding in 2005 (via an overnight auction)
- Spark (formerly Telecom) on its commercial negotiations with the New Zealand Government on the Ultra Fast Broadband initiative, leading to Chorus’s selection as the Crown’s UFB partner in 24 regions (representing approximately 70% of the UFB coverage area)
- Chorus on corporate governance, as part of its structural separation from Telecom and following its establishment as a separate listed company
- leading financial software firm FNZ Holdings on its acquisition (via an innovative cash amalgamation structure) by HIG European Capital Partners
- Shell on the divestment of its New Zealand downstream fuels business to a joint venture between the New Zealand Superannuation Fund and Infratil
- the Tongan Government on its purchase of Tonga’s electricity business and on the sale of its interest in Westpac Bank of Tonga
- listed companies on various matters relating to the NZSX Listing Rules,and
- NZX firms on various matters relating to the NZX Participant Rules.