Paul specialises in commercial property law.
Paul advises on a broad range of property matters including ownership and structure, developments, acquisition and dispositions, construction and leasing.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Paul was a partner at Fladgate Fielder in the West End of London. During that time he represented corporate and private clients in the sale and purchase of many property portfolios for considerations ranging from £1 million to almost £1 billion.
Paul has advised:
- on the property aspects of the AMP NZ Capital restructure to create a new fund within the PIE regime
- Buckingham Asset Management on its purchase of the West Plaza building in Auckland for NZ$30m
- Grand Complex Properties on construction contracts and consultants' agreements in relation to a substantial refurbishment and on a proposed significant new build
- Wellington Waterfront on its construction contracts for several key waterfront and public space projects
- Airways Corporation of New Zealand on its new head office in Wellington, and
- The NZ Transport Agency on a broad range of property-related matters including leasing, agreements with developers, protecting those agreements with encumbrances against the developer's title, property disputes, and contentious rent review negotiations.