Paula specialises in dispute resolution with experience in arbitration, insurance, finance and construction disputes.
She advises clients on a wide range of commercial disputes including contract interpretation, property insurance claims, construction contract disputes, and disputes with equity, trusts and public law issues.
Paula joined Chapman Tripp in 2013 from Allen & Overy LLP in London where she gained experience in international commercial and investor-treaty arbitration (in London and Singapore), project finance and international capital markets. During her time at Allen & Overy, Paula was also seconded to Deutsche Bank for six months where she advised on structured finance transactions.
Paula's recent experience includes:
- appearing as junior counsel in the High Court and Court of Appeal
- acting as part of the legal team advising a multinational insurer on a reinsurance claim arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes
- advising on disputes arising out of design and build construction contracts and related insurance claims
- acting as junior counsel in a priority dispute between the corporate trustee and a former director arising out of the failure of a finance company, and
- advising on multiple claims arising out of the Canterbury Earthquakes.