Peter advises clients on a broad range of commercial property issues, including property acquisition, leasing, due diligence and consents required for overseas investment in New Zealand.
Peter’s experience includes:
- advising Shanghai CRED and its New Zealand subsidiaries on a range of matters, including luxury resort development and operation, property management and acquisitions, and cooperation with local communities and iwi
- acting for a substantial Chinese client on its New Zealand restructure, as well as its acquisition and development of commercial real estate in Auckland
- advising domestic and international investors on negotiating contracts for sale, undertaking due diligence, financing and completing settlement in respect of commercial property acquisitions and divestments
- advising AMI Insurance on its structural separation and NZ$380 million sale to IAG following the Christchurch earthquake
- advising James Hardie New Zealand on all property and leasing related matters
- acting for international investors on applications to the Overseas Investment Office for commercial property and lifestyle properties
- acting for ANZ on property acquisitions and leasing issues
- managing substantial leasing portfolios, including drafting and negotiating all leasing documentation
- undertaking due diligence investigations of commercial property portfolios
- advising on the obligations of landlords, tenants and guarantors.