Philip specialises in corporate and securities law with a particular focus on equity capital markets.
Philip acts for issuers, arrangers and underwriters on all aspects of IPOs and capital raisings. He also advises on mergers & acquisitions, takeovers and other corporate law issues, including listed company compliance and corporate governance.
He has acted on many of New Zealand's most significant recent IPOs and NZX listings and other equity capital markets transactions.
Philip has advised:
- First NZ Capital as arranger of Wynyard's $30m rights issue and as sole lead manager of AFT Pharmaceuticals’ NZ$40m IPO and NZX Main Board listing
- Wellard on its $A300m IPO and ASX listing extended into New Zealand under the Trans-Tasman mutual recognition regime
- Deutsche Craigs as bookrunner and underwriter for Chevron New Zealand’s “block trade” sale of its 11.3% stake in The New Zealand Refining Company for NZ$82m and as underwriter and arranger of AWF Group’s $14m rights issue under the same class offer regime
- First NZ Capital and Credit Suisse (Australia) as underwriters of Kiwi Property Group’s NZ$152m accelerated renounceable entitlement issue and as underwriters of Precinct Properties’ $174m accelerated renounceable entitlement issue
- First NZ Capital and Deutsche Craigs as joint lead managers of Orion Health’s $125m IPO and NZX and ASX listing
- EROAD on all aspects of its $46m IPO and NZX Main Board listing
- The Treasury on all aspects of the $733m IPO and NZX and ASX listings of Genesis Energy as part of the New Zealand Government’s Mixed Ownership Model (MOM) programme
- Mighty River Power on all aspects of its $1.68bn IPO and NZX and ASX listings as part of the MOM programme
- Pencarrow Private Equity and ACC on their acquisition of Bell Tea and Coffee Company from Foodstuffs New Zealand
- The independent directors of Just Water International in response to a full takeover offer by Harvard JV, and
- Dorchester Pacific (now Turners Limited) on its successful NZ$82m full takeover offer and compulsory acquisition for Turners Group (previously Turners Auctions), offering a combination of cash, shares and/or optional convertible notes.