Pip heads our Auckland corporate team, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate advisory work.
Pip’s experience includes acquisitions and trade sales; commercial transactions acting for New Zealand and offshore parties in partnership arrangements, supply and outsourcing contracts and international distribution arrangements; property syndications; employee share plans and general corporate advisory work.
Pip is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global 2016 and Chambers Asia Pacific 2016. He is also recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016.
Pip has advised:
- Live Nation in relation to its acquisition of a majority shareholding in EVENZ Limited, which owns and operates the Vector Arena
- Augusta Capital on the acquisition of the KCL Property portfolio and management business
- BlueScope/NZ Steel on their $120m acquisition of the downstream long-products rolling and marketing operations of Pacific Steel Group from Fletcher Building
- Direct Property Fund and Property For Industry on their 2013 merger by scheme of arrangement
- Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation on private equity, investment, governance and contracting matters
- Augusta Funds Management on its property syndications
- Eastland Generation on its acquisition of the KA24 geothermal power plant and its joint venture with A8D Trust and IDG for development of the Te Ahi O Maui geothermal development
- Kermadec Property Fund on its initial IPO and the 2012 internalisation of its management contract and purchase of the Augusta Funds Management syndication business
- New Zealand Steel on its build, own, operate contract with BOC for the supply of industrial gases to the Glenbrook steel mill
- Mighty River Power, Chorus, Z Energy and Milford Asset Management on executive incentive arrangements, and
- various clients on general companies and securities law compliance issues.