Rachel specialises in corporate and securities law with particular expertise in mergers & acquisitions and equity capital markets.
Rachel advises clients on buying, selling, and investing into businesses, takeovers, IPOs, securities law and other corporate law issues.
She has acted on many of New Zealand's most significant recent IPOs and NZX listings and other equity capital markets transactions.
Rachel has advised:
- Deutsche Craigs as underwriter and arranger of AWF Group’s $14m rights issue under the same class offer regime
- First NZ Capital and Deutsche Craigs as joint lead managers of Orion Health’s $125m IPO and NZX and ASX listing
- EROAD on all aspects of its $46m IPO and NZX Main Board listing
- Scales Corporation and Direct Capital on the $149m IPO and NZX Main Board listing of Scales Corporation, which included a sell down by Direct Capital and its co-investors ACC and the New Zealand Superannuation Fund resulting in a 20% retained stake
- The Treasury on all aspects of the $733m IPO and NZX and ASX listings of Genesis Energy as part of the New Zealand Government’s Mixed Ownership Model (MOM) programme
- Mighty River Power on all aspects of its $1.68bn IPO and NZX and ASX listings as part of the MOM programme
- Quadrant Private Equity on its partial exit of Summerset Group Holdings Limited by way of IPO and NZX listing
- Pencarrow Private Equity and ACC on their acquisition of Bell Tea and Coffee Company from Foodstuffs New Zealand
- Direct Capital on the investments by its Direct Capital IV and Pohutukawa II funds into real estate services provider, Bayleys, and into Hiway Group, New Zealand’s leading provider of specialist roading and ground stabilisation services
- the receivers of South Canterbury Finance on the sale of over $100m of FACE Finance’s commercial loan book assets and over $100m of South Canterbury Finance’s business, consumer and rural loan book assets