Sarah specialises in construction, engineering and insurance.
She advises construction professionals, contractors and developers on all construction and engineering related matters, both contentious and non-contentious. Her expertise includes contract formation, suspension and termination, consultant appointments, contract administration and disputes involving issues of delay and disruption, poor design and workmanship, cost overruns and payment disputes under the Construction Contracts Act.
She also advises insurers and their insured construction professionals on professional indemnity claims and policy response.
Sarah has New Zealand and overseas experience in all forms of dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration and litigation.
- advised employers on contract administration issues arising from the collapse of Mainzeal
- advised insurers and residential and commercial property owners on construction and insurance issues arising in the context of the Christchurch rebuild
- acted for a firm of structural engineers in relation to a professional negligence claim by a Malaysian port for defective design and resulting loss of profit
- acted for developers in relation to a multi-party claim for losses arising from the defective design and construction of a nightclub in a retail complex
- advised a firm of mechanical and electrical engineers on issues of delay and disruption arising from design variations
- defended a firm of architects in a professional negligence claim for losses associated with fire damage to retail premises, and
- defended quantity surveyors on multiple claims by an Irish bank for negligent monitoring survey advice.