Te Aopare specialises in corporate and commercial law, particularly structuring and general commercial advice for iwi entities, Māori businesses and private equity clients.
She advises clients on a range of corporate and commercial matters including governance advice, structuring generally and for joint ventures and buying, selling and investing into businesses.
Te Aopare is from Ngāti Porou and Ngāti Rangitihi, is a fluent speaker of Te Reo Māori and is a member of our Māori Legal Group, Te Waka Ture.
Te Aopare’s experience includes:
- advising and documenting the structure of the Iwi Collective Partnership, a complex fishing joint venture between 12 iwi
- advising Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei on its significant and complex Treaty settlement, including the post-settlement governance entity and a new tax efficient group structure for the iwi and the settlement with the Crown
- advising Ngāti Tuwharetoa on the corporate structure for its proposed health and social services initiatives
- advising Ngāti Porou Whānui Forests on its forestry activities, including with respect to the Emissions Trading Scheme
- advising Waikato-Tainui, including both its tribal parliament Te Kauhanganui and its executive Te Arataura
- assisting Knox Investment Partners on its acquisition and divestment programme, and
- advising AMP Limited in relation to the New Zealand aspects of its merger with AXA Asia Pacific Holdings Limited. The New Zealand aspect of the transaction was valued at A$4b and the whole transaction at A$13b.