Tessa specialises in commercial property law.
Tessa advises both public and private sector clients on a range of property acquisition, management and disposal activities with specialised expertise in the consents required for overseas investment in New Zealand.
She has experience in project development, due diligence, commercial conveyancing, property finance, leasing and licensing documentation and project agreements and supporting leases, licences and easements for energy projects.
Tessa's experience includes:
- Shanghai Pengxin in relation to its investments in the ‘Crafar Farms’ in the central North Island, Synlait Farms Limited in South Canterbury and most recently Lochinver Station
- PwC in relation to its various premises requirements, including negotiation of a development agreement for its new premises in Christchurch
- The Warehouse on various leasing and transactional matters, including the sale of the Silverdale Centre
- Stevenson Group on property acquisitions and options at Drury as a part of their industrial rezoning project
- Todd Property Group in relation to the acquisition of Pegasus Town including undertaking due diligence and negotiating the contract for sale
- Shanghai CRED in relation to its acquisition and development of Carrington Resort in Northland
- Kathmandu in relation to the development agreement for its new head office premises in the Innovation Hub in Christchurch
- AMP Property Portfolio on disposals of certain assets, including the sale of LynnMall shopping centre for $174m
- both domestic and international private investors negotiating contracts for sale, undertaking due diligence, financing and completing settlement in respect of commercial property acquisitions and divestments
- Mighty River Power on the development of its Kawerau geothermal power station and other geothermal projects
- Innovus (Beaumont) Limited (a group of private investors) in relation to their $47m purchase of the freehold interest at the Beaumont Quarter apartment development and the conversion of the development from a leasehold unit title development to a freehold unit title development, and
- the Transport Agency in relation to property acquisition matters for future projects, on general property management issues and providing on-going advice on the property aspects of the transport planning process.