Tracy specialises in corporate and commercial law, advising clients in both the private and public sectors on corporate structuring, M&A and joint ventures, and in a range of commercial projects.
Tracy joined Chapman Tripp having worked in the corporate practices of DLA Piper Hong Kong and Wellington, where she was part of the firm’s Asia M&A team. Tracy has also previously worked for Fangda Partners in Shanghai where she assisted international clients investing and establishing businesses in China.
Tracy has been recognised in legal directory Chambers Global 2015 as a Foreign Expert for her work in China.
In Hong Kong, Tracy advised local and international clients on Hong Kong company and commercial law with an emphasis on cross-border mergers and acquisitions and the establishment of joint ventures in Asia.
In New Zealand, Tracy’s experience includes advising:
- a New Zealand biotechnology company on its acquisition by a US-based private equity firm
- a Hong Kong purchaser in its purchase of the majority interest in a New Zealand freight forwarding company
- TOWER in the sale of its health and investments businesses
- Coal Association of New Zealand in the sale of its entire interest in its research business
- SkyBus in its acquisition of the entire interest of Auckland Airbus
- an Australian vendor in the sale of its Australasian IT management business
- Chinese individuals in their subscription of minority interests in a local New Zealand group in the business of production of infant milk formula
- a leading New Zealand forestry company in its production and supply of logs for sale to a Chinese purchaser for distribution in China
- New Zealand Defence Force in relation to its strategic reform programme, including the design, implementation and ongoing operation of a new human resource management information system, and
- a New Zealand pharmaceutical retailer in relation to its joint venture with a local internet services provider in their establishment of an online retail pharmacy and supplements business.