Vivian recently joined our Wellington tax team.
She has over ten years’ experience advising on all aspects of taxation law, with particular expertise in corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, cross border taxation and FATCA. She is also experienced in managing IRD investigations/tax disputes and negotiating tax settlements on behalf of clients.
Vivian is recognised by clients for her ability to resolve complex issues within tight timeframes and to communicate advice clearly and concisely with a focus on practical outcomes.
Vivian was previously a Special Counsel at a large New Zealand law firm.
Vivian has advised:
- New Zealand financial institutions and industry organisations on the identification and management of their obligations under the US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and assisted with submissions to the US Treasury
- a major New Zealand financial institution on the establishment of a residential mortgage backed securitisation vehicle
- a major New Zealand bank on the issue of regulatory capital instruments
- another major New Zealand bank on domestic and cross-border leasing transactions, and
- a consortium on its bid for a major PPP project.