Alister is focused on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities and corporate structuring and governance.
Alister has 31 years’ legal experience and joined Chapman Tripp in 2000.
He provides general corporate and commercial advice to numerous leading businesses and international companies operating in the South Island.
Alister has advised:
- EBOS Group on its $1.1b acquisition of Symbion and associated equity raising and debt financing. The acquisition saw EBOS become the third largest New Zealand listed company by revenue
- EBOS Group on several business acquisitions and divestments including its acquisition of New Zealand vitamin and herbal tea maker Red Seal for $80m, its $140m acquisition of Masterpet Corporation (including its 50% share of the Animates retail pet shop chain), its $82.5m acquisition of Pharmacy Retailing and Healthcare Logistics businesses and the divestment of its scientific businesses in Australia and New Zealand to VWR International for $45m
- Skyline Enterprises on the purchase of Totally Tourism, The Helicopter Line and other associated companies for $23m
- Canterbury Meat Packers on its acquisition of Phoenix Meat Company
- on the restructuring of the Christchurch Casino group of companies, including the sale of the Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Pratt & Whitney Air New Zealand Services on its collaboration with Christchurch City Holdings to build a new jet engine test cell at Christchurch International Airport, including advising on the construction, financing, lease and buyout arrangements
- ANZCO Foods on its mitigation agreement with Trustpower on the proposed hydro-electric power station to be established on the Arnold River near Greymouth
- ANZCO Foods on the construction of its green-field state of the art sheep meat processing facility at Rangitikei
- ANZCO Foods on its $87m “Foodplus” Primary Growth Partnership with the Ministry for Primary Industries
- New Zealand Lamb Company (North America) on its shareholding arrangements, and
- Christchurch Casinos in relation to its casino licences and other regulatory issues.