Jack is a consultant at Chapman Tripp, advising on China related matters in particular. His practice mainly covers Real estate and corporate.
Before joining Chapman Tripp in 2014, Jack had 15 years’ legal and commercial experience across the Asia Pacific region. He was an entrepreneur and the legal director of a private equity business, the senior counsel of Treasury Holdings Group (China), and an associate and legal advisor at Paul Hastings, Allen & Overy, and the Chinese government.
Jack has advised:
- CNBM Forest Products New Zealand, a
subsidiary of China National Building Materials Group Corporation, on its
acquisition of forestry assets and other matters
- Fu Wah International Group on its bid and joint venture in relation to a complex development and the construction of the Park Hyatt hotel in New Zealand
- Beijing Sanyuan Food Co., on an OIO application in respect of a major asset acquisition
- all three Chinese banks in New Zealand on various matters
- Shanghai Pengxin Group and Hunan Dakang Pasture Farming on restructuring all of Pengxin’s farm assets in New Zealand and Dakang’s $160m acquisition of some farm assets
- Shanghai CRED Real Estate Stock Co. and its New Zealand subsidiaries on various matters including the billion dollar high end Carrington Resort development and operation, the cooperation and settlement with local Maori and acquisitions of a honey business, a holiday park and farm land
- Nimble Group on its acquisition and development of several pieces of land in Auckland and the restructuring of its New Zealand platform Avanda
- Treasury Holdings Group (China) on restructuring and establishing a business trust in Singapore to hold its US$1.5b Chinese investment portfolios and listing the trust on the main board of the Singapore Exchange
- major Chinese and international clients on various significant transactions in China such as cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring, investment and financing, and
- Chinese governments and agencies on various matters such as litigation, market administration, foreign investments and relationship management.