Nikolas advises on a broad range of complex litigation
and dispute resolution matters, with a particular focus on the energy
sector, insurance and fisheries.
Since joining Chapman Tripp in 2012, Nikolas has appeared in the High Court and Court of Appeal. He has particular expertise in large commercial arbitrations and as lead counsel in the successful mediation of disputes.
- advised numerous major insurers on a range of insurance matters and disputes, including being seconded to a major retail bank to provide insurance claims advice
- appeared in the High Court and Court of Appeal on insurance issues relating to the Canterbury earthquake, while also being responsible for over 90 litigation proceedings arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes
- advised energy sector clients on a wide variety of complex contractual and commercial matters
- acted on three large commercial arbitrations, and subsequent appeals, in relation to complex energy sector disputes
- advised the fisheries sector on a range of disputes and policy reform issues, including bringing judicial review proceedings against the Crown, and
- appeared as lead counsel in over 20 successful
mediations and judicial settlement conferences for clients on a variety
of commercial disputes.