Promoting investor confidence through the application of good governance principles
Our leading team of senior corporate lawyers specialising in corporate governance advise a number of New Zealand's largest listed companies, and government owned companies and agencies, on governance and strategic advice, relevant Financial Markets Authority guidance, and market practice and trends.
Our work includes advising on:
- directors' duties and liabilities, delegations and conflict of interest management
- best practice corporate governance policies and procedures
- market disclosure, insider trading and appropriate procedures and systems
- director and senior executive remuneration structuring and disclosure, including employee share plans and incentive arrangements, and director contracts
- board and sub-committees composition, including charters and best practice, and
- annual reports and preparation for meetings of shareholders.
A number of our partners and consultants are independent directors of NZX listed companies, crown agencies, and other large business entities. We are the primary national legal partner for the Institute of Directors in New Zealand. Our partners regularly provide media comment on topical governance issues, and are active contributors to governance law and policy reform initiatives of government, NZX, the Financial Markets Authority and the Takeovers Panel.
We have worked with a number of directors and boards on a range of complex issues including: