Helping you influence sustainable regulatory settings for your business
We have acted for New Zealand’s major regulated entities in relation to a wide range of issues over a long period of time. As a result we have seen good regulatory outcomes, and bad ones.
The difference is significant. Good regulatory outcomes support the long term commercial strategy of the business. Bad ones surprise shareholders and customers, and destabilise business plans.
We have the experience with regulatory problems and regulators, and the understanding of commercial drivers and processes, to help our clients work toward sustainable regulatory settings.
We have advised:
- Powerco on major resets of electricity lines distribution prices by the Commerce Commission
- Powerco on major resets of gas pipeline distribution prices by the Commerce Commission
- Christchurch International Airport on major resets of its aeronautical charges to airline customers
- Chorus on regulatory determinations setting the prices of its core services, including appeals to the High Court and Court of Appeal
- Christchurch International Airport on a range of public law and regulatory matters including regulatory inquiries, information disclosure obligations and setting of aeronautical charges