Achieving an efficient outcome through our end-goal focused advice
As one of New Zealand’s strongest restructuring and insolvency teams, we’ve advised on many of the most complex and difficult insolvencies in recent years.
The advice we provide on risk, strategy and tactics for insolvencies is focused on your desired result: an efficient outcome and finding ways to bring disputes to a commercially sensible resolution wherever possible.
Our lawyers routinely act for creditors, receivers, liquidators and administrators on all issues arising in formal insolvency processes including receiverships, liquidations, voluntary administrations and schemes of arrangements.
We also advise banks, financiers and other creditors on debt restructuring compromises, recoveries and insolvent transactions. These issues are frequently highly contentious.
Visit our Index of New Zealand Personal Property Securities Act Cases here.
Visit our Corporate Insolvency Law compendium 2019 page here.
We have advised:
- Solid Energy’s five major bank lenders in relation to the $450m voluntary administration, the largest and most complicated voluntary administration in New Zealand history
- KordaMentha on the $700m receivership of MediaWorks Group, including the $285m sale of MediaWorks and associated transfer of assets to new holding company, MediaWorks Holdings
- PwC on contentious issues arising out of the receivership of the Strategic Finance companies
- McGrathNicol on all aspects of the South Canterbury Finance receivership, the largest corporate insolvency in New Zealand in the last 20 years
- various parties interested in the high profile collapse of Mainzeal Construction
Ranked Tier One for restructuring and insolvency work by independent legal directories Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017, Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 and IFLR1000 2016.