The latest Chambers Asia Pacific legal directory rankings for 2020 recognise Chapman Tripp’s work with the firm receiving the highest number of ranked practice areas and individuals in New Zealand. The rankings reinforce the firm’s leading position in the Australasian legal sector.
The firm achieved 12 ‘Band 1’ rankings out of 16 practice area categories, with 46 individuals ranked across all practice areas, which has been maintained from the 2019 rankings.
Notable highlights include Chapman Tripp’s energy and natural resources sector moving up to Band 1, and partner Hamish Bolland being ranked for the first time in the directory as an ‘Up and Coming’ lawyer in Construction.
Chapman Tripp Chief Executive Partner (Hoa Rangapū Whakarae) Nick Wells said, “We are pleased with the rankings and recognition of the individuals and the work they have done this year.
“The results are a reflection of our dedication to all of our practice areas and the work we do for our clients to ensure excellence in everything we do. It also reflects the growth areas that have been a focus for the firm in the past year – such as energy and natural resources with energy specialist Lauren Curtayne’s recent appointment to partner.”
Other ranking highlights include:
- three partner’s rankings moving up this year:
- Lucy Cooper (Band 3 – Competition/Antitrust)
- Rachel Dunne (Band 3 – Corporate/Commercial), and
- John Knight (Band 2 – Shipping)
- the firm receiving the most ‘Band 1’ ranked individuals (13), higher than any other firm, and
- two “Star Individuals” rankings, higher than any other firm.
View the full Chambers Asia Pacific rankings for New Zealand here.