Chapman Tripp was named the ‘Large Law Firm of the Year’ and the ‘Employer of Choice (100+ employees)’ at the 10th annual New Zealand Law Awards. The firm also worked on every one of the winning deals and won awards for all of those roles:
- M&A Deal of the Year: Beijing Capital acquisition of Transpacific Waste Management
- Consumer, Media and Tech Deal of the Year: MediaWorks sale and debt restructuring
- Capital Markets Deal of the Year: Meridian IPO
- International Deal of the Year: Beijing Capital acquisition of Transpacific Waste Management
- New Zealand Deal of the Year: Solid Energy financial restructuring.
Chapman Tripp managing partner, Andrew Poole said: “Awards like these are an important way of encouraging everyone in the profession to strive to achieve the best for our clients.
“I’m very proud of the firm’s achievements this year and the contribution we’ve been able to make to our clients’ success.”
These awards follow Chapman Tripp’s win of the ‘New Zealand Law Firm of the Year’ at the 2014 Chambers Asia Pacific Awards in Hong Kong earlier this year, and Australasian Lawyer’s 2014 award for ‘New Zealand Employer of Choice’.