Alasdair is a senior solicitor in the property team specialising in real estate and commercial property law.
He has a particular focus on large and complex subdivisions and development work, and the acquisition and divestment of significant commercial portfolios and advises clients on a broad range of property matters, including due diligence, overseas investment, leasing and development and sales.
Alasdair has experience acting for some of New Zealand’s largest private developers and publicly listed corporates with their property portfolios, and for significant international property investors and funders. He is also a member of Chapman Tripp's dedicated China Desk.
- advised a leading NZX-listed retirement village operator on their due diligence, overseas-investment approval and acquisition of new development sites for retirement villages and aged care facilities
- advised The Warehouse Group on the sale development and lease-back of a strategic Auckland site
- advised McConnell Group on the subdivision, sell-down and completion of the Addison master-planned residential development
- advised an international forestry investor on their New Zealand forestry rights and leases
- completed a secondment at Todd Property providing broad in-house legal support for their master-planned town centres, mixed use and airport development projects
- advised a leading NZX-listed primary produce processing company on the divestment of surplus landholdings, and
- routinely advised on unit-title subdivisions and sales including Risland’s NEO Apartments, Austino’s Parkside Residences and Love & Co’s Civic Lane.