With 40 years’ legal experience, Alister has worked with
clients across both public and private sectors across all industry types.
Since joining Chapman Tripp in 2000, he continues to provide
general corporate and commercial advice to numerous leading businesses and
international companies operating in the South Island.
Alister focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures,
securities and corporate structuring and governance.
- Advised EBOS Group subsidiary Symbion on its acquisition of a 25% interest in the Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse Group, an Australian pharmacy retailer, and subsidiary Masterpet Corporation on its A$57m acquisition of BlackHawk Premium Pet Foods (Item 3).
- Worked as lead partner with EBOS Group on its $1.1b acquisition of Symbion and associated equity raising and debt financing. The acquisition saw EBOS become the third largest New Zealand listed company by revenue (Item 1).
- Acted for EBOS Group on several business acquisitions and divestments including its acquisition of New Zealand vitamin and herbal tea maker Red Seal for $80m, $140m acquisition of Masterpet Corporation (including 50% share of the Animates retail pet shop chain), $82.5m acquisition of Pharmacy Retailing and Healthcare Logistics businesses and the divestment of its scientific businesses in Australia and New Zealand to VWR International for $45m (Item 2).
- Acted for Skyline Enterprises on the purchase of Totally Tourism, The Helicopter Line and other associated companies for $23m (Item 4).
- Advised Pratt & Whitney Air New Zealand Services on collaboration with Christchurch City Holdings to build a new jet engine test cell at Christchurch International Airport and the associated re-development of the Christchurch Engine Centre, including advising on the construction, financing, lease and buyout arrangements (Item 5).
- Assisted Christchurch Casinos on casino licences and other regulatory issues (Item 6).