Allan is a solicitor specialising in infrastructure and resource management law, also with experience in commercial property law.
He has advised both government and private clients on the full range of matters under the Resource Management Act.
Before joining Chapman Tripp's Wellington Property Team in 2014, Allan moved to the firm's Christchurch Litigation Team in 2015. Before then, he was a solicitor in Simpson Grierson's Resources & Infrastructure Group, and an Associate at a boutique public law firm.
Allan has advised:
- major New Zealand companies on consenting major infrastructure developments, and seeking plan changes for the same
- a number of both private clients and councils in relation to resource consent applications, district plan changes and appeals
- various public clients and private clients on their powers and duties under the Public Works Act
- various irrigation scheme providers and funders in relation to their infrastructure resource consents, plan changes and due diligence
- various clients in complex litigation in the High Court and Court of Appeal
- both public and private sector clients in relation to procurement process, including as to litigation risk, and
- a number of both landlord and tenant clients on managing their commercial lease portfolios.