Amelia is a senior legal advisor in the firm's construction and major projects team.
She advises clients on a range of construction matters. Prior to joining Chapman Tripp in February 2018, Amelia was a partner in a niche construction and engineering law practice in South Africa where she advised developers, contractors and consultants in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Since joining the Chapman Tripp team, Amelia has advised on large scale projects ranging from hotel developments to irrigation schemes.
Amelia has advised:
- Fu Wah on its development of the Park Hyatt Auckland Hotel as well as on the day-to-day management of the project
- Shundi on its Customs Street hotel and residential development in Auckland
- Westpac on its finance of Todd Generation Limited’s ‘Project Tasman’
- The Crown as funders of the Kurow-Duntroon irrigation scheme and the Waimea Water Dam project
- The Ministry of Education’s infrastructure services unit, and
- The Ministry of Health on consultancy arrangements for the new Dunedin Hospital development.