With expertise across a variety of large construction projects
ranging from hotel developments to irrigation schemes, Amelia specialises in
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp in February 2018, Amelia was
a partner in a niche construction and engineering law practice in South Africa
where she advised developers, contractors and consultants in the residential,
commercial and industrial sectors.
- Advised Ministry of Health on consultant
engagements and demolition arrangements for its new Dunedin Hospital
- Acted for the Crown as funders of the
Kurow-Duntroon irrigation scheme and the Waimea Water Dam project.
- Advised Fu Wah on its development of the
Park Hyatt Auckland Hotel and ongoing day-to-day management of the project.
- Counselled Shundi on its Seascape Towers
and Ballantyne House hotel and residential development on Customs Street, Auckland.
- Assisted Westpac on its finance of Todd
Generation Limited’s ‘Project Tasman’.
- Advised Ministry of Education’s
infrastructure services unit on construction procurement and contracting.
Society of Construction Law